Monday, February 27, 2012

The Alarm is Buzzing

My alarm went off this morning at 5:15 like it does every week day.  As I strained to open my eyes and unwind myself from the warm covers, I had a thought.  I could try to postpone getting up by hitting the snooze, I could ignore the alarm all together and just stay in bed all day, or I could change my current  circumstance (albeit very comfortable) by getting up and finding out what God had in store for me.  This predicament of choices is much like this season of Lent.  I see the 40 days leading up to Easter much like an alarm clock from God.  He is trying to wake us up to our current circumstances.  If we are fasting- whether it is food or activity, the goal is to focus more on Him- to find out what He’s up to and in essence, what He has in store for us personally. The alarm is buzzing, and we have a choice.  Will we try to postpone what God wants to do in us by hitting the snooze button of our Spiritual walk, will we try to ignore the alarm all together and stay where we are, or will we throw off, unwind from, and get rid of whatever is keeping us lying still? The lying still may seem safe and “comfortable,” but getting up and moving in the direction God is leading holds much more promise.  His Salvation is near.  Are we awake and ready to take hold of it?
Romans 13:11 – “And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment