Monday, June 4, 2012

I Know Too Much

Day 6 of 40
There are few times in one’s life when it can be said that you know too much.  Even rocket scientists probably don’t know too much for their field of expertise.  Everyone still has more to learn about something.  So why is it that I feel I know too much for my own good? 
I’m not an expert in anything- literally.  I’m usually not one to think with my head; I’m an emotional thinker.  I make most decisions with my heart- not my head.  Even considering all of that, for the last two days I came to realize that I may know too much. 
I can’t pray – or I won’t pray.  I know that God’s Word says “When you pray…” Not if, but when.  I know I should pray.
I am worried about having enough money over the next few months. I know that God’s Word says, “Do not worry about tomorrow…”  If I’m trusting God, then I shouldn’t be worried.  I know I should trust.
I feel as if God isn’t paying attention to what is going on in my life.  I know God’s Word says that He “never forsakes” me.  If I believe God cares then I know He is paying attention.  I know I should believe He is with me always.
I know too much.  When I can’t pray, when I worry, and when I feel alone…I also feel tremendous guilt.  Something else I know is that I am responsible for all these things I know.
My feelings have pushed my head to take charge. My heart has stopped leading the way.  
I don’t know too much…just enough to ask the Lord to get me back on track. 

No comments:

Post a Comment